It is a great pleasure to inform you that the Call for papers for the special issue of the Journal Adult Education is now open! With this issue we mark two decades of the journal’s continuous publication, hence we chose the theme “Perspectives and Challenges of Adult Education in the Post-Pandemic Era”. In this way, we pay homage to the first issue, titled “Perspectives and Issues in Adult Education”, which served to outline the significant concerns at the turn of the century in 2001. The present moment is also, to some extent, decisive, and it necessitates thoughtful responses to future challenges.
It is intended that the issue will cover some of the following topics, but all other relevant topics will be considered;
· International perspectives on adult education in the post-pandemic era
· Local challenges in adult education caused by pandemics – lessons learned
· Roles of an adult learner and an educator
· Changes at the educational process level (planning and preparation, implementation, and evaluation)
· Quality in adult education and different teaching formats
· The role of adult education in addressing the educational system’s overcoming the consequences of pandemics in educational system (e.g. acquiring competencies in VET)
· Adult education and digitalization
· Critical thinking and literacies (health, media, functional…)
· Participation in adult education – motivation and barriers.
We welcome scientific, professional, and review papers, as well as reviews of books or scientific-professional events. Please find the Instructions to the authors via web site: https://ccu.bkc.ba/. All papers undergo a double-blind review process. Authors are requested to send their contributions to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 1, 2021.
Please feel free to share this Call with your colleagues.
With best regards,
Editorial Board of the Journal Adult Education